Monday, February 17, 2014

STARTING A NEW JOURNEY.

So my Valentines Day this year was a little hectic and crazy. Madi ended up having to go to the doctors she had Strep. Plus I had to run around to take Kaylin to school, plus drop of craft for Valentines Party that I was no longer participating in since Madi wasn't feeling well. Plus on top of that I was sick as well. Then I also had to work that day. So just on the go go go. lol Moms job is never done it seems. After all the chaos it was nice to finally get home and relax with my Valentine Mike.
 We had been talking wedding talk for a couple months now so I found it so cute and amusing that he was actually truly nervous to ask me to marry him and to put my ring on my finger. I mean seriously we already had the date and honeymoon booked.  So course I said yes. I love him and I am hoping things will work out a lot better this time. I had a hard month coming up with the decision to marry him or not. A lot of praying happened. I just didn't want to fail again. One divorce seriously is all I can handle. I talked to several people about their thoughts and their opinions if I as moving too fast. In the end it was up to me to decide if I felt like this was the right decision for me and my girls.  My girls absolutely adore him. He treats them just like one of his kids. So I knew that that wouldn't be a issue.  Finally one day while I was driving and praying I heard a song from Carrie Underwood called Who are you? I have had this CD downloaded on my MP3 player for awhile and had never heard that song until that day. It hit me hard and gave me the courage to try again. I am truly excited to start this new journey with Mike. I am almost certain we will end up hitting some road bumps with all the new adjustments that need to happen with his kids and mine. I think together we can truly make a wonderful family and maybe someday bring one more into the mix. ;) Will see though.
For now we are planning on doing just a small church wedding with our immediate family. Mike's bishop will marry us then just a short honeymoon in Vegas for the weekend. I am hoping in about a year or year in a half we will be able to get sealed in the Temple for time and all eternity. I feel so blessed to have found Mike and to be able to move forward.  
 
   

 
I love my halo ring. :) 

1 comment: