Monday, March 24, 2014

Mr and Mrs Nielsen.

So getting re-married seriously is so stressful and so crazy. Constantly praying all the time to make sure my decision was right. Making sure I wasn't making a mistake. I never ever want to get divorced again so this decision honestly took me a good couple of months before Mike finally got his yes answer. So my new mother in law pretty much took over the wedding planning which was fine with me cause I had no idea where to start. The week before the wedding I decided to look for a white or cream dress. Originally I was just going to get married in a chevron print dress cause I figured once Mike and I got sealed a year later I wanted the beautiful wedding gown then so I was going to make it super easy the first time around. Everything was becoming more and more like a actual wedding so I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get a different dress for the occasion. I searched and searched everyday that week and seriously went everywhere. I wanted something more like a maxi dress nothing too dressy. On my wedding day, Feb 28th, I went to my work to get my hair done and seriously broke down crying. I couldn't find a dress, I was so stressed out, the wedding was only a few hours away. Even my co-worker Kassi went out to her car and brought in some of her dresses to see if any of them would work. It was a very kind gesture but she is quite a bit smaller then I plus non of them were quite what I was looking for. I had basically given up and felt defeated. Thinking I would just go back to my original plan with the chevron dress. Once my hair was done I gave it one more try before heading  back to my moms house. I stopped at Fashion Corner in Lehi. Nothing. I was about to leave when one of the sales girls told me there was a very pretty white dress in there Draper store. She had one of the workers text a picture to her phone to show me. It was perfect. This was at seriously 3 p.m and I was getting married at 6 p.m. Once I got the dress and got back to my moms it was 4 p.m. So it was insane to finally finish getting myself ready and 3 girls ready to be out the door by 5. It happened though. Funny when I arrived at the church my future mother in law at the time came up to me and asked me if I was sure I wanted to get married today? Said it isn't too late to cancel it. I must of had a scared look on my face. Honest I probably was a little nervous and stressed. I told her I was ready. The ceremony was nice we even face timed my brother Josh and his wife Ryan so they could watch it also. The food was good. We did just a potluck type ordeal and it turned out really yummy. My friend Rachel Gubler and her husband took pictures. When I get them I will have to post some. My sister in law Katie made a really nice cake. It looked amazing. It ended up working out in the end. Makes me realize that God truly works in mysterious ways.
Afterwards we went to a hotel in Springville. It was really a beautiful room. Mike surprised me with rose petals on the floor, bed, jet tub. I have never had any guy do something so romantic for me. It really caught me by surprise. He is such a wonderful man I am so lucky to have found him.

 


 
My favorite!!!! I love baths and wish I had such a large tub in my home. :)
 
The next morning we went to Vegas. Stayed at the Tropicana which was ok. I still don't think it was a 4 star hotel but it was alright. We were on the 14th floor so we did have a nice view. The first night Mike surprised me once again with tickets to see Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw Soul2Soul concert. It was amazing. They are both great singers and entertainers. I love country music. The next day we went and saw the show Mystere. It was pretty good I thought. Crazy how acrobatic some people are. Lots of comedy as well. The costumes were pretty strange looking some of them but I was really happy we went. That was the show Mike chose.
 


 
My husband is so HOT!!! :) I love him.
 

 
View from elevator.
 
Our honeymoon was short but sweet. I enjoyed our weekend getaway but it was nice to get home to our kids and start officially mixing our lives together. We did get the kids a few souvenirs as well. They were very excited for them. I am so happy with my decision and am excited to move forward and be with someone who really loves me and treats my girls so wonderfully. Now I just need to get use to being Mrs Nielsen. lol

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Jen!!! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete